A Naturopath uses herbal medicine, nutritional supplements, food as medicine and lifestyle habit analysis to assist you in adjusting certain aspects of your health to achieve a goal.
To become a qualified Naturopath in Australia you must complete a minimum Bachelor level degree in Health Science, and complete over 500 hours of clinical training.
Naturopathy combines traditional and evidence based information and research to design individual treatment to each case that presents itself. The aim is to educate our patient so that they do not need to return for intensive treatment in the long term. It is a lifestyle solution, not a bandaid for the symptom approach.
Gigi’s favourite way to explain naturopathy is with one of the Naturopathic Principles: “tonify weakened systems”. We find the root of the cause and we adjust the body’s ability to function so that the problem sorts itself out.
As part of your Naturopathic consultation, Gigi may request regular pathology such as blood tests, or use functional pathology such as stool tests, IgG testing etc to investigate your case.
A Naturopathic consultation may assist with:
- Weight loss
- Skin issues including acne, eczema, psoriasis, perioral dermatitis etc
- Digestive issues including IBS, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, reflux etc
- Period pain
- Hormonal challenges including irregular periods, infertility, sperm quality, menopause
- Sleep issues
- Mood disorders
- Thyroid health
- Preparation and healing from cosmetic surgery
- Immune support including autoimmune conditions
- Muscle cramps
- Mental focus
- Blood sugar issues
- Upper respiratory symptoms
If you have any questions, or would like to engage in treatment to re-establish the feeling of a calm and happy body, please email email@example.com or call 02 9518 0722.