Eating food is our PRIMARY source of nutrients. Good nutrition is the foundation to good health. So why are we eating empty food so often? If you are looking to clean up your diet, improve your nutrient intake and heal your relationship with food then this type of consult focus is for you.
Just changes in your diet can bring a world of change to the way you feel and the way your body functions.
Common issues addressed in nutritional medicine include:
- Meal Plans
- Nutrition for specific stages of life: weaning, adolescence, pregnancy, lactation, later life
- Yoyo dieting / eating disorders
- Immunity issues
- Weight loss
- Preconception care
- Fertility – improving egg and sperm quality
- Nutrient deficiencies (iron, B12, calcium etc)
- Low energy
- Food intolerances
- Behavioural issues
- Sinus issues
- Digestive complaints (IBS, IBD, FODMAPs, reflux, diarrhoea, constipation etc)
- Portion control
- Preparing for or recovering from chemotherapy treatment
These consultations are extremely food focused, often with the addition of supplements when and where needed.
Gigi may also request pathology be undertaken as part of your consultation. Tests employed may include: blood testing, functional pathology such as IgG food intolerance testing, gene tests, salivary hormone testing.
Gigi can answer any questions you have around your health concerns and whether a nutritional medicine focus is right for you. She can answer any questions about testing or supplements that you may have in a 15 minute discovery call.